InSite Technician - CA_San Diego
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: San Diego, CA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 10, 2022
Category: Chemist & Chemist Management
Job ID: 114732
The Waste Handler works both indoors and outdoors at the customer site conducting hazardous waste pickups, packing and delivery within customer facility and occasional household hazardous waste (HHW) collections. Transitioning Military, this is a great opportunity to leverage your skills and training as you return to civilian life.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all time
- Loading, packaging and segregation of materials and waste products
- Does quality control check and sorts bins according to the retail contract
- Conducting hazardous waste pick-ups (rounds) at client site, stopping at 11 to 12 departments daily
- Computer savvy: MS proficient. Excel experience highly preferred
- Chemical management
- Compliance inspection, delivery and logging
- Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- May work occasional weekend for Household Waste collection
- Computer savvy - MS Office Suite - MS Excel highly desired
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Labpack experience is a plus
- Clean driving record and reliable vehicle (will be given mileage reimbursement)
- 1+ years of related experience
- 40 hour HAZWOPER training preferred
- Unknown handling certification (preferred but not required)
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com. Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.