Clean Harbors, Norwell, is looking for a Pricing Analyst. The Senior Pricing Analyst is responsible for optimizing the profitability of used motor oil (UMO) collections through the development of effective pricing strategies, comprehensive data analytics and monitoring supply and demand trends. The primary function of this position will be to collect and analyze information to create an actionable plan to profitably grow the business. They will work to achieve targeted performance metrics with a strong sense of urgency, initiative and drive.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Builds and maintains customer pricing and profitability data models, elevating at risk customers/business to Pricing Manager
- Evaluate price change requests vs. evolving market conditions and/ or corporate profitability objectives; participate as required in customer periodic business reviews and/ or pricing audits
- Lead mass pricing actions including (but not limited to) market price increases, part number transitions, temporary pricing support, and promotional activities; conduct ad-hoc analysis using existing databases and custom-developed models; assist in setting regional list prices based on assessment of available competitive intelligence
- Evaluate and recommend deal approval thresholds based on size and margin potential; review customer actual vs. estimated performance and recommend actions to adjust pricing, if needed; review cost changes for fast-moving and other critical products to determine impact to company profitability
- Performs market and oil industry reviews on a monthly basis, projecting price movement, and reporting to Senior Management
- Manages and refines Pricing KPIs, and reporting systems such as WIN, PowerBI, and custom reports, to be shared regularly with an Executive audience
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Used Motor Oil pricing & profitability, working to support the sales and operations teams
- And perform other duties as required and prioritized by the Pricing Manager
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelors’ degree in Business, Economics, Finance or an Analytical related field
- 2+ years of experience in consulting, pricing strategy or similar analytics roles
- Strong technical background; Proficiency in PowerPoint and Word MS Excel (including mathematical/ conditional/ referential formulas, pivot tables, and data modeling)
- Knowledge in MS Power BI, Power Query, and Power View will be a strong advantage, as will database management skills (e.g., SQL, MS Access, etc.)
- Able to gather and interpret quantitative and qualitative data using a variety of sources
- Can translate business requirements into analysis paths/ models that may be evaluated under a variety of conditions
- Able to assess the drivers of cost and profitability vs. varying market and customer-specific conditions
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills working across multiple levels (including executive level)
- Confident, curious, innovative thinking, and a strong sense of initiative to achieve company goals
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.