HydroChemPSC is looking for a Tank Cleaning Technician to join their safety conscious team! The Technician operates a variety of mechanical and manual servicing equipment for industrial services, waste management, and tank cleaning. with HPC established methods, policies, practices and procedures and applicable regulations.
HydroChemPSC, a Clean Harbors company, is the premier industrial cleaning and environmental services company in North America supporting the upstream, downstream, and utility sectors. HydroChemPSC offers an exceptional three-pronged safety system, innovative career development platform, committed customer service, deep industry expertise, and advanced technology and automation. We are committed to safety, people, growth, service, and performance. We provide the safest, most efficient operational experience for our customers and the most comprehensive training and career development for our employees.
- Assist in the operation of industrial waste treatment equipment or power tools as directed and in accordance with established company and client’s facility rules.
- Checks equipment at the start of each shift; Hooks up and breaks down hoses using proper tools when directed by Operator or Project Manager.
- Manually cleans, installs, fits, repairs valves, caps, hoses, pumps, gaskets, and all other external and internal equipment on projects. Understanding of equipment maintenance and ability to perform maintenance. Cleans up work area and equipment after work is complete. Assist in maintaining safe and clean workplace.
- Assists in the inspection of equipment, hoses, connections, pumps, and general work area prior to starting any job. Informs supervisor of deficiencies which may cause accidents, injuries, or lost productivity.
- Wears the personal protective equipment prescribed by posted signs, written instructions, and work permits. Also, wears additional protective equipment specified by his/her supervisor or clients Safety Department.
- Promotes safety through own actions and work habits. Reports all accidents and near misses, involving self, company vehicles, or other job personnel to his/her supervisor immediately.
- Does not operate alone – must be able to follow the direction of supervisor.
- Plant environment.
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs.
Skills and Experience:
- 0-2 years related experience.
- May have to provide Federal Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC).
- Basic safety courses including site specific procedures; All required local training, Successful completion of all required and OSHA training as a condition of employment.
- Must be physically capable of performing all duties and responsibilities or his/her position.
- Must have access to a telephone. Compliance with physical requirements.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to follow procedures.
- Safe driving.
- Reading, writing, and comprehending in English.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
HydroChemPSC and its subsidiaries affords equal opportunity in employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under Federal, State or Local law. HydroChemPSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.