Our Technical Services team is looking for a full time Class B CDL Driver with Hazmat Endorsement. Also, we are hiring for Class C with Hazmat endorsement. This position will perform duties associated with picking waste up at customer location and transporting to a Clean Harbors location or other disposal sites making multiple stops per day. This work schedule is Monday thru Friday with some Saturdays with 15% - 35% overnight travel.
** $5,000 Sign-on Bonus for candidates that meet CDL requirements and endorsements for this position **
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5.
- Competitive hourly rates with weekly over time opportunities
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Ensure proper loading and unloading of hazardous waste/non-hazardous waste (i.e., compatibilities of liquid to tank, etc.); Adhere to weight limits and ensure proper utilization of Company equipment
- Proper placarding of vehicles to meet Company and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements/regulations
- Ability to maintain daily logs, worksheets timecard, expense reports, dispatch & trip reports and vehicle inspection reports
- Comply with Company policies & procedures and Health & Safety procedures, Department of Transportation (DOT), Hazardous Materials/Waste (HAZMAT) and RCRA requirements/regulations
- Adhere to assigned milk run schedule of pick-ups and drop-offs
- Communicate regularly with Coordinators regarding daily time and demurrage
- Strong customer service skills required
- Territory coverage includes Los Angeles and Ventura County
- 35% overnight travel / out of town 1 to 3 nights at a time
- Requires Hazmat Endorsements
- Will load and unload your own truck
- Forklift experience a plus but not required – we will train
- Schedule fluctuates and provided two weeks in advance
- Early morning start ranging from 4 am - 5 am - 6 am
- May also work weekends & holidays on occasion in order to meet customer expectations.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Class C with Hazmat Endorsement
- Class B CDL with Hazmat Endorsement
- Clean Harbor is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.