The Senior Software QA Engineer will provide mentoring to other QA team members, develop test plans, design and execute test cases, including but limited to the; running of test automation, development of SQL scripts to verify data, and review of back end trace stacks to identify application errors and exceptions . The Senior QA Engineer will also work closely with development team to identify, communicate, and resolve defects and assist other team members in communication with their teams. The engineer will also be responsible for maintaining all administrative information regarding releases. This person does not directly supervise staff but may provide input on performance.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes and acting in safe manner always.
- Responsible for all aspects of application testing, including requirements analysis, creation and management of Test Plans and Test Cases and the execution of manual and automated Test Cases.
- Execute and deploy application code and database scripts into the test environment following standard build procedure.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with the assigned development teams.
- Continuously improve domain knowledge of Clean Harbor's business to improve testing capabilities.
- Lead and train QA team members on software testing tools including Visual Studio Team System, Microsoft Test Manager, Azure DevOps, Dynatrace Managed.
- Record bug reports and assist development team in reproducing errors discovered while testing.
- Understands and communicates QA team's strategy and objectives. With the QA manager, guide and oversee the maintenance of the QA test case library.
- Ensure that all available automated test scripts are executed regularly to address application and system level regression, including but not limited to; functionality, database impacts and system utilization.
- Work with the team’s manual testers to identify and prioritize Regression Test Cases that can be submitted for automation.
- Conduct peer reviews of QA team member's test approach, test cases and test execution.
- Lead/participate in complex projects which may extend across several applications within a business unit or across business units.
- Very strong organizational, multi-tasking, communication, time management and documentation skills
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Analytics or Related Field preferred
- 5+ years of QA experience preferred
- Organizational and analytical skills
- Written and oral communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of software architectures and corresponding testing techniques
- Advanced knowledge of software quality assurance test tools and practices.
- Foundational understanding of Automated Testing Tools and Practices.
- Good attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and work within project time constraints on multiple projects and provide guidance when assisting other QA team members.
- Advanced SQL query knowledge
- Always requires sitting, speaking and listening
- Ability to use a computer keyboard, mouse and other peripherals
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations and meetings
- Overtime may occasionally be required in order to meet project deadlines
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.