Clean Harbors is looking for an Instructional Design Specialist to join their safety conscious team! The Instructional Design Specialist is responsible for planning, developing, and writing eLearning training content for the organization. This includes the meeting with business process owners to understand course requirements, preparation of story boards and construction of the eLearning courses (most typically using Articulate software). They will be ensure the workforce is effectively educated on various safety, compliance and operational reqirements.
The person in this position will be located at our headquarters in Norwell, Massachusetts.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Develop eLearning course content to meet the needs of the business;
- Partner with identified subject matter experts to understand course requirements, key learning objects and audience definitions;
- Evaluate effectiveness of training programs, and provide recommendations to improve learner engagement and content retention;
- Develop pro-active and responsive solutions to business needs for continuous improvement in individual, team, business unit and organizational performance;
- Nurture and maintain working relationships with field personnel and senior management to ensure the smooth conveyance of training programs;
- Ensure all existing training and development programs and content are up to date including changes to policies, procedures and regulations;
- Lead the development of enterprise system enhancements necessary to support tracking and reporting training data.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 4+ years of experience as an instructional designer;
- BS/BA Required;
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills;
- Able to work independently;
- Project management skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship building skills;
- Detail oriented and able to hold constructive meetings;
- DOT, OSHA, and RCRA background preferred;
- Self-starter and results oriented;
- Proficiency in Articulate, Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) required;
- Research skills, analytical and creative problem solving skills;
- Commitment to quality, responsibility and high work standards;
- Computer competence and the ability to use media effectively;
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.