Clean Harbors Grassy, UT is looking for a Laboratory Supervisor to join thier safety conisous team.The Laboratory Supervisor reports directly to the Laboratory Manager and is responsible for the analysis of samples to determine their chemical composition and supervising the environmental laboratory operations.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5;
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Manage environmental lab operations and integration with other departments within the company/facility;
- Provide technical support to the operations team to optimize production planning;
- Calibration and maintenance of all instrumentation ensure that all paperwork associated with the analysis is completed in a timely fashion;
- Maintain a safe work environment that is in compliance with all state, federal and company regulations;
- Involvement in Laboratory personnel training, hiring, terminations and performance evaluations;
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related science required;
- 1-2+ years of experience in an environmental field (Incinerator or Chemical plant, Commercial Laboratory or hazardous chemical/waste materials laboratory);
- Working knowledge of GC/GCMS instrumentation;
- Working knowledge of ICP, IC, and other laboratory instrumentation;
- Strong knowledge of chemistry and an operations mind set;
- Strong knowledge of RCRA regulations and SW846/EPA methodologies for analysis;
- Prior supervisory experience (1-2+) is preferred;
- Experience with QA/QC, Lab certification and production preferred;
- Good organizational and problem solving skills;
- Attentive to details; self-motivated.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.