Based out of Deer Park, TX as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic you will be responsible for conducting routine maintenance on our fleet of company Heavy-Duty Diesel equipment, trucks, and trailers.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety are our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages with overtime available, weekly pay structure;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training, and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety are the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks and inspections on company vehicles and equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment, vehicles, and machinery.
- Disassemble heavy equipment to examine or repair parts and then reassemble.
- Determine the cause(s) of heavy equipment malfunction and correct by performing needed repair/replacement of damaged/worn parts or components.
- Service heavy equipment air conditioning systems.
- Move company equipment safely in the yard as needed.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment and vehicles.
- Disassemble, inspects, and replace worn or broken parts. Fit and adjust new or repaired parts.
- Diagnose and repair engines, transmissions, clutches, electrical and pneumatic systems, gearboxes, hydraulics, cooling systems, exhaust, brakes, suspensions, lights, etc. on a variety of yard equipment, heavy-duty trucks, trailers, and other equipment.
- Safely operates gauges, forklifts, shunt trucks, torches, grinders, and various hand and power tools.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- 1+ years experience with light to heavy-duty maintenance and repair.
- 40 Hour HAZWOPER preferred.
- ASE certification preferred.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here
to view a Day in the Life Video!
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy, and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy, and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however, only those who complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.