Job Req: 64311
Our Phoenix, AZ location has an opening for an Insite Chemist. Our Chemists are responsible for the performance of tasks associated with handling, segregating, packing and inspecting all chemical wastes in accordance with our company’s policies and procedures while at the client site.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Prepares computer-generated packing lists, labels, manifests, and land disposal restrictions notifications;
- Performs inspections of staging, accumulating and storage areas to ensure proper housekeeping procedures and compliance;
- Inspects storage area for leaks or spills;
- Inspects drums for compliance with labeling regulations;
- Collects, segregates, and properly packages waste chemicals for disposal to maximize efficiency and maintain compliance;
- Samples and profiles of new waste streams or any wastes needing analytical testing;
- Prepare all necessary tracking paperwork.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 1+ years of hazardous waste handling experience;
- 1+ years of previous experience working in a lab setting;
- Degree in Chemistry or Science equivalent preferred;
- Valid Driver’s License and clean Motor Vehicle Record;
- HAZWOPER preferred.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors?
Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
Posted at: 2020-02-04 00:00:00