Contract Manager, Small Business Liaison Officer
Job Req: 63558
Clean Harbors is currently seeking a Contract Manager - Small Business Liaison Officer, known internally as a Manager, Small Business Programs.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Oversees daily SBA program functions for Clean Harbors and its subsidiary Safety-Kleen, analyzes supplier agreements to reduce costs and improve diverse business utilization, and advises purchase staff in negotiating contracts to insure good faith bidding practices.
- Supports Federal Government contracting, in particular Commercial Item Contracting.
- Need for compliance with FAR, DFAR, FAR/DFAR supplements and GSA regulations; including Good Faith Standards, Dual Use Items and Export Licensing. Advises CH and sets forth controls to avoid risk, penalties and fines related to improper program management and supplier outreach/inclusion.
- Identify, establish, monitor, and control reporting for SBA program management related to procurement personnel, corporate personal, Customers and Government agencies.
- Review, prepare, submit, monitor and negotiate the corporate Commercial Small Business Subcontracting Plans requirements, including preparation and analysis of monthly metric reporting, conducting annual and periodic training for internal staff as required by statutory requirements
- Develop subcontract plans including percentages and dollar goals for participation of Small Business Initiative concerns for federal agency contracts, proposals, and modifications valued at $100K or more where the proposed effort offers subcontracting opportunities. – Provide equal opportunities to all “types” of companies of all scopes and type
- Establish, monitor, and control reporting for management, procurement personnel, and add all Spend Owners, corporate personal, Customers, and Government agencies
- Responsible for development of the corporate small business advocacy program and establishing and monitoring all small business outreach efforts.
- Attend diverse company meetings ie: minority owned, small business owned, less privileged businesses (outreach program). Travel will be required.
- Coordinate and Respond to Government and/or Customer Audits of Small business program.
- Compile and maintain a database of potential SBI concerns to assist in technical and procurement personnel and add all Spend Owners in locating and contracting with such concerns; also attend trade shows and other conferences promoting and identifying SBIs
- Conduct training, provide assistance relevant to SBI concerns for procurement
- Other duties as required
- Bachelors degree required
- ASDP Certification (Alliance of Supplier Diversity Professionals) preferred
- 5+ years previous SBA program management experience in a contract service environment, preferably with an organization that is not a centralized Purchasing Company.
- Experience with standard concepts, practices, and procedures relating to Federal Government contracting, in particular Commercial Item Contracting.
- Demonstrate planning, organizational, and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in database administration and use of spreadsheet software required, particularly MS Office applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Must have ability maintain professional relationships with peers, vendors and customers, and demonstrate integrity, promoting teamwork, and fostering positive communication
- Must be able coordinate and prioritized multiple projects and assignments with limited supervision in a fast pace deadline environment
- Ability to train employees, understand and communicate production schedules.
- Travel 15 – 30 % with some overnight stays.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
Posted at: 2020-02-11 00:00:00