Director of Demand Planning and S&OP
Job Req: 63536
Clean Harbors is seeking a Director of Demand Planning and S&OP. The Director of Demand Planning and S&OP, reporting to the VP of Supply Chain, will lead the Demand Planning team and will work cross-functionally to facilitate the monthly S&OP process.
The mission of our Planning organization is to deliver the most accurate forecasts, inventory targets and allocation plans to ensure every customer receives the product they want, when and where they want it. In order to achieve this, our team develops and uses forecasting tools and optimization models so we can provide the organization with a detailed sales and strategic plan that outlines the opportunities and risks for our internal and external customers.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health & Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Lead a team that develops demand forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function
- Lead the monthly S&OP process that is utilized for the generation of demand and volume planning across our network and ensures the organization is well prepared to meet our customer’s needs
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances, refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions, and reduce forecast model variance
- Interact with sales, marketing, and finance to understand demand forecast drivers
- Utilize a collaborative approach to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts
- Engage with cross-functional teams to collaborate on forecasting and operational process
- Dive deep into forecasting planning models to identify risks and opportunities and resolve constraints by negotiating across demand and supply owners
- Work to minimize obsolete inventory
- Ensure appropriate inventory replenishment policies are setup across all inventory items
- Lead rollout of inventory management best practices across the organization
- Develop team that manages inventory planning and demand systems centrally
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics or related field preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in Supply Chain Management, Inventory Management, S&OP, Capacity Planning or similar field
- 3+ years SQL, Excel, and database management
- Proven, successful track record of navigating through ambiguous situations
- Proven, successful track record of earning trust and influencing across the organization and leading others cross-functionally to deliver on projects and goals
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Team Building and Leadership Experience
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Posted at: 2019-11-18 00:00:00