Transportation Compliance Specialist
Job Req: 63529
The Transportation Compliance Specialist reports directly to the Director of Transportation Compliance and is responsible for insuring regional activities involving transportation via highway, vessel, rail, air and cross border is conducted in strict compliance with all applicable federal, provincial and local requirements. The essential elements of this position include, but are not limited to:
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Provide technical support on transportation related issues to sales, site services, technical services, facilities and the training group.
- Develop and maintain a good relationship with federal, and state regulatory agencies in the USA with some peripheral involvement with Canada and Puerto Rico.
- Conduct announced and unannounced inspections at Clean Harbor facilities and service centers to review compliance related operational components that include but are not limited to vehicle maintenance files, driver files, transportation related permits/authorities, equipment readiness, driver vehicle inspection reports, time keeping records, manifests, load preparation and condition, and other related transportation records & equipment.
- Prepare and assist facilities/service centers for audits and inspections (e.g. DOT site inspections, California BIT inspection, FAA Shipping inspections).
- Audit & inspect 3rd party transportation subcontractors utilized by Clean Harbors.
- Assist field-based transportation coordinators and general managers with the interpretation and implementation of policies and procedures relative to transportation compliance.
- Assist Corporate based Transportation Compliance Department with issues and questions relating to driver, vehicle & facility transportation issues.
- Participate in the incident/accident investigations when applicable.
- Assist in the development and delivery of transportation related training modules.
- Provide expertise in the interpretation of Federal, State, Provincial and Company transportation related regulations and policies.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Transportation, Logistics, Environmental Science, or comparable area of emphasis) or a college diploma in a related field including law enforcement.
- 1+ years of compliance experience
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, and State, Transportation regulations and standards
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, and State Environmental regulations.
- Excellent communications, writing and presentation skills.
- Proven strong ability to investigate and assess Transportation and Environmental incidents.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to work independently and in teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
Posted at: 2019-11-18 00:00:00