CDL Driver - Vacuum Truck
Job Req: 60033
Our branch in the Mitchell IL area is hiring CDL Drivers (Vacuum/Hydroblasting) for the area. This position will be responsible for the performance of tasks associated with hazardous waste clean-up, site-remediation, equipment decontamination and handling of hazardous materials and will operate a variety of vehicles including vacuum trailer, roll-off and hydro-blasting equipment.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Hourly base pay with weekly overtime opportunities!
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all time
- Operate light and heavy equipment including, but not limited to: pumps, vacuum, equipment, oil spill boom, generators, bobcats, etc., tank cleaning, hydro excavating & hydro blasting
- Performs emergency response activities including, but not limited to chemical and water spills, etiological and biological contamination, tank cleaning, equipment decontamination, etc.
- Works in atmospheres and locations with the potential for exposure to various chemical and physical agents, some of which may be hazardous, toxic or corrosive.
- Works in potentially elevated noise levels, confined spaces, including lifting in areas of low clearance.
- Working at elevations including working from ladders and scaffolding.
- Completion of associated paperwork, including but not limited to daily worksheets, vehicle inspections, equipment inspections and Health and Safety requirements and permits.
- Quick and immediate response when on call, secure coverage for shift and communicate your replacement's name to the coordinator.
- Minimum Class B CDL, clean 3-year MVR;
- Ability to obtain Hazmat and Tanker Endorsement upon hire;
- Previous Manual Labor experience in Construction or Industrial based setting strongly preferred;
- Because of the emergency response and operational nature of the position, it will require some on-call availability and potential travel.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors?
Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market.To learn more about our company visit us at www.cleanharbors.com
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-323-7483).
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company
Posted at: 2019-04-30 00:00:00