Job Req: 57902
Clean Harbors is now hiring for an Instrumentation Technologist. The Instrumentation Technologist (known internally as Facility Maintenance Repair III) performs hands-on maintenance activities.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Ensure the plant operates in a safe condition
- Repair/maintain/install flow, temp, pressure instruments
- Calibrate/repair analyzers
- Program PLC’s, AB and GE Fanuc
- Install instrument tubing and gauges
- Wiring 24 volt control circuits (analog/digital)
- Meter use, Hart, Radar Master, I Sense, Fluke, etc..
- Perform other maintenance duties as required
- Adherence to all applicable CHES policies and CHES SOPs.
- Performs job functions in compliance with the company standard: Clean Compliance.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; ICET grad strongly preferred
- 447A preferred
- 309A/442A considered an asset
- Experience with installation, repair and calibration
- Must be willing to work overtime when required
- Able to enter/exit heavy equipment without strain (climbing a ladder).
- Able to operate physical controls/pedals associated with the piece of equipment (manual dexterity).
- Ability to lift hoods to assist with equipment repairs.
- Ability to operate cranes/jacks to assist with lifting of heavy parts.
- Ability to maneuver in tight quarters inside of equipment.
- Ability to lie on back for extended periods during repairs.
- Need to be physically fit to lift up to 40 lbs, climb stairs, and ladders, work a hieghts
- Capable of working outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to use both hand and power tools safely.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout North America. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market.
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has waste disposal facilities and service locations throughout the United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico.
We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, life insurance, 401K, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We offer a drug free work environment and require a pre-employment drug screen. All Applicants are subject to pre-employment security background checks, and some positions may require pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests.
Posted at: 2019-01-10 00:00:00