Job Req: 57850
Based in Bartow, FL, our Field Chemists are responsible for assisting in the collection, identification and proper packaging and/or lab packing of hazardous and non-hazardous waste. These positions will also prepare waste drums for pick-up and delivery at Household / Retail Hazardous Waste facilities and customer sites. Our Environmental Field Chemists also participate in Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events held on weekends around the region as business demands require. These positions are not lab-based Chemist positions and will require up to 100% field work in various working conditions.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages with overtime available, weekly pay structure;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Physically intensive work, loading and unloading trucks;
- Collects, identifies and packages hazardous and non-hazardous waste products within customer facilities;
- Samples, labels and prepares waste drums for pick-up and delivery;
- Loads wastes properly and segregates for compatibility on transport vehicle;
- Drives out to different client sites using the company vehicle.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- College degree in chemistry, biology or other natural science strongly preferred;
- Previous experience in hazardous material handling, chemistry and/or lab packing experience;
- Ability to travel overnight and be out 1-2 days a week as business demands require;
- Ability to obtain and retain a Class B CDL with Hazmat Endorsement;
- Must have a clean 3-year driving record.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
Posted at: 2019-01-10 00:00:00