- Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts.
- NYSE: CLH
- The Company, founded by Alan S. McKim, began as a four-person tank cleaning business.
- We employ a network of more than 400 service locations on customer sites or other sites. These locations provide waste transportation and disposal, laboratory chemical packing, 24-hour emergency response, parts cleaner services, and field, energy and industrial services.
- Clean Harbors serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, numerous federal, state, provincial, and local governmental agencies, and through our Safety-Kleen subsidiary, over 200,000 small- and medium-sized businesses.
- The top five industries we serve are General Manufacturing, Refineries and Oil Sands, Automotive, Chemical, and Oil and Gas Production.
- Clean Harbors owns and operates more than 50 waste management facilities offering a wide range of disposal options including incineration, wastewater treatment, and landfill, recycling and specialty disposal services.
- The largest hazardous waste disposal company and the largest re-refiner of used oil into base and blended lube oils in North America.